Fantasy 40/40: Who’s Hot, Who’s Not: Pitcher’s Edition
- Yu Darvish SP TEX – After a couple starts and some eased nerves, Yu has begun to pitch like the Rangers thought he would. He just shut down the Yankees at home over 8.1 INN on Tuesday night and has gotten better with every start.
- Jake Peavy SP CHW – He’s looked like the ace of old, sporting a 3-0 record with 26 K in 28.2 INN.
- Gio Gonzalez SP WAS - After giving up four earned runs in his first start, Gio has now gone three starts without giving up a run. He’s 2-0 after shutting down the Padres yesterday and has posted at least six strikeouts in each of his four starts.
- Tommy Milone SP OAK – One of the players traded for Gonzalez, Milone has surprised some out in Oakand, winning three of his first four starts. He’s also got a 2.00 ERA after his first four outings to go with a sub-1.00 WHIP.
- Lance Lynn SP STL – With Chris Carpenter on the sideline, Lynn has stepped up and delivered for the defending World Champions. With a win on Wednesday afternoon, Lynn is now 4-0 with 24 K in 27 INN.
- Francisco Liriano SP MIN – Had a great Spring and had everyone fooled. He was just skipped in rotation. Sorry.
- Jair Jurrjens SP ATL – He gave up 30 hits and 10 BB in 16.1 INN and will have to work his stuff out in AAA. He’s being dropped in mixed leagues, sit tight in NL only’s.
- Brian Matusz SP BAL – The Baltimore prospect has allowed at least 10 baserunners in each of his first three starts and has yet to complete six innings of work.
- Josh Collmenter SP ARI – Just waiting for Corbin, Bauer and Skaggs.
- Ervin Santana SP LAA – He’s lost his first four starts and is rocking a 7.23 ERA and 1.52 WHIP. Luckily for him, there’s some other guy in Anaheim who hasn’t been producing as well.
Leave a Reply