Fantasy 40/40: Early 2011 Fantasy Baseball Rankings: TOP 10 Overall
Unless you’re a Packer or Steelers fan, you’re football season is over.
The NBA is up and running, but lets get real, the season really doesn’t start until the playoffs begin which is sometime this summer.
Pitchers and catchers are set to report in less than three weeks, that’s what. And so it’s time to start looking over your fantasy baseball stuff. Most of you are in some sort of keeper league(s) and are just starting to look over things. Or, others know exactly what each of their forty-six keeper teams look like and knew since last August.
In either case, starting prep work or a little refreshment course couldn’t hurt. I just recently began ranking players, overall, and by position. And in no way am I close to being done, but I do have an idea of what the first two rounds may look like if I were drafting… So, here is an early list for my TOP 10 overall. Might not be what the experts have. But, they’re mine. As I progress with the rankings over the next few weeks, you’ll notice I tend to favor hitting early. Draft starting pitching late and closers even later. Also, position scarcity comes into play. But why spend a sixth round pick on Bell when you can grab Marmol five rounds later? And for now, Doc just makes the cut at #9. Could move up, might slide lower. TOP 10. Just something to stir the soup.
The numbers listed are their 3 year averages.
- Albert Pujols 1B, STL – .330-42-123-113-12.
- Hanley Ramirez SS, FLA – .315-26-83-106-31.
- Miguel Cabrera 1B, DET – .314-36-119-97-3.
- Carl Crawford OF, BOS – .296-14-72-92-44.
- Troy Tulowitzki SS, COL – .293-22-78-79-11.
- Evan Longoria 3B, TB – .284-27-101-88-10.
- Adrian Gonzalez 1B, BOS – .285-36-106-93-0.
- Roy Halladay SP, PHI – 19-10. 2.68 ERA. 1.07 WHIP. 211 K in 245.1 INN.
- Ryan Braun OF, MIL – .302-31-108-102-16.
- David Wright 3B, NYM – .297-24-100-97-20.