Fantasy 40/40: Fantasy News From Around the Diamond
- Johan Santana NYM - No closer? No problem. Johan went the distance against Colorado, throwing a complete game shutout – giving up 4 hits, 2 BB and punching out 10 Rockies.
- Casey McGehee MIL – 4 for 4 with another HR, 3 RBI and 3 R scored against the Diamondbacks on Thurday afternoon. He has 4 HR and 15 RBI over the last 10 games – play him while he’s running hot.
- Stephen Drew ARI - “You fixed my lisp, Stephen.” Mr. Drew had a round-tripper in the losing effort – making it 2 in 2 games and 8 for the year. He hasn’t fulfilled his high expectations yet, but is still a TOP 15 option at a weak SS position.
- Ryan Ludwick SD - It took him some time, but Ludwick seems to be warming up to San Diego and all it has to offer. St. Louis or San Diego? Let me think for a second… Sorry St.Louisites? I am Ron Burgundy? Ludwick had 2 HR in a game on Tuesday and added number 14 on Thursday. His overall production might slip a tad, but Ludwick is still a solid option in mixed leagues.
- Matt Kemp LAD - After a second stint on Joe Torre’s bench, Mr. Rihanna went 3 for 5 with a HR (19) and 4 RBI. He’s still on pace for 25/22 – no where near the first round production you drafted in March. I wish someone called me Mr. Rihanna.
- Jonathan Broxton LAD – Jonathan F#%$&N BROXTON! YOU ARE KILLING ME, SMALLS! What is it with closers? Broxton hit a guy, walked two more – on breaking stuff when he throws 98, had a ball go through Casey Blake’s monster size 5-hole and let Carlos Ruiz hack at another breaking ball. Hey Big Guy, 98! He’s like Ricky Vaughn in Major League II, throwing the masturbator. All I can think about is Lou Brown, “Forget about the curveball, Rickyyyyyyy, give him the heater.”
- Jayson Werth PHI - In the comeback win, Werth added to his 2011 Resume. 2 RBI, 3 R and a SB. I expect his SB total to increase and should get to the all precious 20 mark (that’s 12 more).
- Jose Bautista TOR - Hit another one. 36.
- Jonathan Papelbon BOS – JONATHAN F%$#@N PAPELBON! I don’t own him. I’m not upset by the blown save at all. I did that for those of you that do own him. I’m sorry. I actually laugh and smile about closers blowing saves. Someone else loses a save and some other poor soul loses a win. Funny.
- Pat Burrell SF – Pat the Bat. Why now? I have Burrell on my bench in my NL league. He hit 2 HR and had 5 RBI. That’s three home runs in the last two games. I’m an idiot.
- Michael Brantley CLE - 4 for 5 with a R and SB. Cleveland has gone with the youth movement and Brantley is apart of it.
- Starlin Castro CHC - 4 for 5 with a RBI and 2 R in an amazing game out in San Francisco.
- Austin Kearns NYY - Kearns hit his first Yankee HR on Thursday in the win over KC. He’s seeing ABs when he can, he’s a AL guy because of the part time gig.
- Chipper Jones ATL – He has a Torn ACL and will miss the rest of the season. This terrible news to the Atlanta Braves and their playoff chase. Also terrible news for their fans, to Chipper and of course, you, his owner. There were talks of retirement – it would be a shame if his career ended like this. Look elsewhere for CI help – the Braves may go with a 3B by committee.
Leave a Reply